I set up this blog for fun. I wanted a forum to write down, and hopefully get responses to, my random thoughts. I pretty much live in my head but that doesn’t mean I don’t have a lot to say. By the phrase, “I live in my head” I mean that I have conversations in my mind constantly, I might seem quiet and/or withdrawn while I am actually actively engaged, and rarely does anyone introduce a position on a topic that I haven’t fully considered before speaking my opinion. Thus, my thoughts are very random, very detailed, and very difficult to translate. I need practice.
The Harm Principle.
I believe that as long as a person’s actions don’t harm others, then they should be ok with society. That is my life philosophy. I am currently a jobless American with a graduate degree that I can’t use. I am passionate about a lot of social issues and topics, but I am frustrated because I resent the fact that I have so-called liberal stances on subjects that are never going to affect me directly. More frustrating is the fact that others don’t consider the fact that their decisions negatively impact my life. Yet, I still practice what I preach. I don’t care if my next door neighbor sits at home with his five wives and has relations with 17 adult male prostitutes while doing every illegal drug. He just has to pay the bills and keep the noise level down. I live a life that, aside from the swearing and free exchange of ideas (and perhaps the fact I’m not a man), the most conservative individual in the world would be proud to live. Why should I be so frustrated?
I share all of the above with you because it comes through in most everything I say. So, welcome! I hope I don’t turn you off or vice versa, but que serĂ¡, serĂ¡.
E.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment