Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Just Call Me Ricardus

I don’t have a lot of great days, but in the past few weeks I have had a few days that have ended higher than low. So, I thought I’d share. I hope my friends remember this when I complain again.

I had a great time over the weekend. By Friday night, I was feeling better. I went for a night out with a friend. It has been a while since I enjoyed the night life and it felt good to do something different. Although by 2 am I did catch myself yawning. I will have to plan a repeat soon.

The vain part of me is even feeling great. In the past two weeks, I’ve had 3 people mistake me for either being in high school or having just graduated high school. As someone who is not ready to get older, this is a gift. The highlight was today when a woman asked me, “what are you, like fifteen or sixteen years old?” I wanted to kiss her, but I’m not that kind of gal. Later I did kiss my mother. She was with me at the time and she answered the woman, “yes.” Priceless. I should be grounded for being a sixteen year old who goes on weekend trips to bars and hangs out in clubs with men in their mid- twenties. Tisk. Maybe I’ll apply for a job to be on Dateline: To Catch a Predator. Just kidding.


In addition, I feel like being a spokesperson for a few things. I can’t believe I’m motivated to talk about something good. Anyway, I have to start by saying that I am a sixteen year old with hands of an eighty year old. I’m NOT exaggerating. My hands are rough, cracked and they will break out into a rash over anything. I’ve scratched them so much over the years that they have healed and wrinkled. They cause me shame and they are so hideous and broken that I don’t want to, nor do I think it is safe for me, to get manicures. On some past occasions, I’ve had issues just running them under water. After three weeks of daily use, I am swearing by the Depth products. I have never had a lotion nor a créme that moisturized my hands so well before. The lotion hasn’t made my hands look beautiful or anything. They feel softer and their appearance has drastically improved though. I might even wear a ring again one day. The lotions and the soaps smell good too.


In other news… Garden
Lastly, my garden is growing beautifully. I have one green bean that has grown twice as fast as the rest. I think it must be at least seven feet long. I think it is doing so well because I named it. Crazy! (Not the bean, me.) Now, I have to name the others. The big tomato plant is really thriving. I am a little worried about the peas, but i won't cry if they don’t work out. To anyone thinking of growing something, I recommend the beans. They appeal to someone looking for more immediate gratification. I’ll post a picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment